June 14, 2009

The reason for the orange fingers

As the yarn is all dyed, rinsed and dried I thought you might like to see the finished colours. I am so thrilled with how it has dyed
I wanted vibrant fire colours for a fire shawl and I think I've succeeded


The yarn was given to me by a fellow raveller fibreclaireUK and it has a glittery thread throughout it.

The colours I used were Crimson, scarlet, orange red, brilliant orange, buttercup yellow and aztec gold.
All procion dyes and all splashed on liberally with no plan in mind. I did 2 x 25gm skeins at once so I had a rough idea that 2 would be same each time.
Steamed for 40 minutes, left too cool then rinsed.

Can't wait to start knitting this up:))

1 comment:

Joy said...

Someone pass the sunglasses quick ;-)

Those colours are so YOU Amber, I'm looking forwad to seeing what you knit with them.

Hope to see you at Woolfest btw.

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...