November 12, 2006

Green Goddess,Gaia finished:)



She is finished and I've named her Gaia the green goddess . I loved making this shawl and the colours don't quite show as they are. Almost but you don't get the sheen and you can't feel how soft the finished item is. Yarn details were 2 balls of green eyelash mohair from Jo of Celtic memory(thank you Jo) and 2 balls Colinette mohair in Cezanne I think. Needles 8mm. Pattern Nannie Effies favourite stocking stitch with first and last 4 stitches garter stitch then YO.Took 4 days just knitting at night for maybe 2 hours max per day. Not bad going I don't think. I'm thinking shades of blue mohair now and not sure whether to do throw or another shawl. Another post to come with views of the colours here today

No comments:

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...