November 13, 2006

drumming evening stops knitting

Well last night I had plans, plans for a start on another shawl(quelle surprise) and a hat in Colinette one zero. I had all the yarn ready for the hat and I had a couple of possibles ready for the shawl. Then what happened? We were invited to a drumming night and not even a full moon:) Not that we only drum at full moons but even so a moggie doesn't always foretell what the night will bring. Anyway the evening was a delight. One of the visitors is a brilliant musician so we didn't just have drums and percussion, we had flutes, whistles, various other instruments and it was wonderful. Such a great atmosphere and much positive energy around the room. The other plus side was I only had to go across the courtyard so didn't even get cold:)
The knitting has started now, the hat is coming on great guns, I'm doing it big so I can felt it 'twill be a Yule gift. The shawl I'm torn between the shades of blue/black or a gorgeous deep burgundy I've just picked up this am for a bargain £1.50 for 7 balls pure mohair:))

No comments:

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...