November 09, 2008

The Femmes are on their way and another sock

The femmes are on their way and I thought I would post a few pictures in progress.






I also have a new sock to show you. A mix of unnamed yarns. I'm doing the main body of the sock in the 2 yarns together and the heel and maybe toes in just the variegated but using 2 strands.



I think it is looking quite good.
It has been a very wet,squally day here and it was good to sit listening to music and doing a little more on the femmes. There may be some finished pictures tomorrow but logistically I'd say it would be Tuesday.

5 comments:

John H said...

Hello
We love your little femme dolls
The red ones are very festive, and
we would love to buy one.

Emma said...

I love the colours of the socks. I knitted my first sock last week....it was a bit like wrestling with a hedgehog but I got there in the end! Can't wait to see the Femmes finished.

Anonymous said...

Er gosh. You've been busy! I, on the other hand, have done absolutely nothing for a week.

Jean said...

You have a real eye for color, each femme has such a distinctive look. Also the sock is looking good, I like the multiple colors.

FairiesNest said...

Oh my, the femmes are marvelous!!

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...