October 19, 2008

Finished some hats.

A catch up post on finished knitting first. A change from socks and shawls

Two hats for a blogger friend's baby.
These are knit from my hand dyed DK samhain nights. I was going to make socks for me but decided there may not be enough yarn for longer socks so I'll have to dye some more. What a hardship:) This is Woolly Wormheads Baby Icord hat



View from the top
This is Woolly Wormheads Baby Jester Hat. Isn't it cute? It took a bit of fiddling to kitchener the points as I did both hats using magic loop instead of DPNs.
I also added a row of holes to add pattern.

I was going to go to a friends knit in today but I've been way too sore past few days and wouldn't have been comfortable travelling.
Next post Autumnal femmes:)

3 comments:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

We missed you today athe Knit Out.
Gretchen brought her spinning wheel and we were all hypnotized watching her spin.
Kath brought her drop spindle and she is getting good at it considering she has had it for so little time.
Great afternoon out. So sad that you missed it.

Anonymous said...

I to have knitted up Wooly Wormheads Baby Jester Hat - my grandson loves it. When you get my reveal parcel, you'll be able to see photos of it on Ravelry! ;-)
~SP

Artis-Anne said...

Oh Amber I am so sorry you couldn't make it as you were so looking forward to it :(
Love the hats especially the jester one .
Take care cariad

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...