October 01, 2006

SP9 questionnaire

That time again:) time to play SP9 and here are my answers to the questions:)
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?I adore Noro, lornas laces, colinette and any handpainted hand dyed or unusual yarns. I am not too keen on acrylics unless main percentage of a blend is wool.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have an old knitting bag of my grans, a wicker box and a whisky tin.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?Been knitting over 50 years now(shush) My nan taught me as a young girl and I'd consider myself intermediate maybe
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?NO
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)Patchouli the mog is an old hippy
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? very sweet tooth and adore Green and Blacks choc or any dark chocolate,
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I crochet, make books ,cards and elemental figures. I can't spin although I have a spinning wheel it is too painful. I am maybe going to have a go with a drop spindle when I get round to getting one
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)love blues, drumming, new age like Carolyn Hillier does
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?Fav colours deep and jewel shades, reds oranges purples blues most really. Not too keen on pastels
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? No pets now sadly have a Mr Mog at home, grown up children and 2 grandsons
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?Love hats scarves shawls
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Currently loving making throws, rugs, shawls hats and bags
13. What are you knitting right now?A throw in noro kureyon and a bag in noro plus a shawl in lots of different yarns
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?love knitted gifts that someone has thought of me for:)
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?prefer circs, would love to try some wooden straight ones
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?Not yet have to make do with Mr Mog or a chair
17. How old is your oldest UFO?1 month
18. What is your favorite holiday?Samhain or Halloween
19. Is there anything that you collect? apart from yarn?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?Any unusual or hand dyed hand painted yarns, patterns for throws and shawls, bags always appreciated. I subscribe to Interweave knits and the UK knitting magazines
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?can't think of any
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?sore point, can't get my head round socks when I get to the heel so they usually become amulet bags I take a size 5 in British sizes
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) August 21st

1 comment:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Well we're coming up to your favourite time of the year, aren't we? Let's celebrate the Celtic New Year fittingly. You'll get the socks thing eventually - it even got me, for heaven's sake! And you've reminded me, I must subscribe to Interweave and stop trusting to being in the right place at the right time.

Does August 21 make you a Leo? If so, welcome to the lion's club!
BB
Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...