May 02, 2006

SP8 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?Lorna's laces, koigu, noro, colinette or any handpainted/handspun. Also love mohair. Don't particularily like 100 per cent acrylics
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?An old jug and a knitting bag
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?Been knitting around 49 years. Oh heavens is it that long now? I'd say intermediate knitter/crocheter
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?No
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)Patchouli, frankincense essential oils. Allergic to many synthetics.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?I adore 70% chocolate, green and blacks etc.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I make elemental figures/crochet and journal. I'm learning to spin and am trying to find a spinning wheel .
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love new age, blues music and can play MP3s.
. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?I love jewel tones and favourite colours are deep purples and the earthy green family. I am not too keen on pastels.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?DH at home with me , son and daughter and 2 grandsons they don't live with me. Sadly no pets now as I had to rehome my 2 cats due to my health problems
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?love shawls and hats
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?love knitting shawls, bags hats and throws.
13. What are you knitting right now?currently knitting a mixed fibres shawl using many different thicknesses of yarns and a noro bag.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?love hand made gifts:)
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Almost all my needles are old plastic and metal ones. Sometime I'd like to change them all for circulars. I do have 1 set of bamboo and love them but a little frail for these heavy hands of mine.16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?no yarn winder or swift
17. How did you learn to knit?my nan taught me to knit at a very early age.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?have no UFos now
19. What is your favorite holiday?Samhain or halloween and yule
20. Is there anything that you collect?only yarn:)
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?Would love to try more koigu, and other hand spuns, would enjoy anything unusual pattern or yarn wise. I subscribe to interweave knits, simply knitting and knitting(latter 2 are UK mags) but am giving up the 2 UK ones as I don't get anything from them.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?Can't think of any. I gave up with socks couldn't get the hang of the heels
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? See above, gave up on sock knitting wasn't for me. foot size 37 or english 5
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) August 21st

2 comments:

Woolly Wormhead said...

Hi Amber! Sorry, I've lost your email address.

The links are all working fine - tested them all, even made Tom buy both patterns and there were no problems.

Did you get as far as the PayPal page?

woolly.wormhead@yahoo.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,
Thanks for the answering the questionnaire, I'll do my best to spoil you!

yours,
SP

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...