November 26, 2005

Saturday night fever

Been cooking up a storm today. Have friends coming over for dinner so made chicken and mango curry to be followed by chocolate nemesis. Yummy. I'm making Saturday evening meals for a friends brother at the moment. Her mum is in hospital with brain tumour and her brother has Downs Syndrome so needs a bit of help with food. Just taken him some of the above menu and roads are very very icy. Its a clear night lots of stars to be seen and the motorway jammed due to them cutting down from 3 lanes to 2. My knitting is crochet at the minute. I'm making a throw in creamy aran wool. I got it from the under £100 ads in our local newspaper. A woman clearing her stash so many balls of yarn over a kilo for £6. Most single colours and I'll probably ebay it as I love my colinette random dyes, far more inspiring. But I thought a crochet throw in cream would be a challenge and its not as boring as I thought. My idea is to add some freeform scumbles over the top in a riot of colours but just tiny bits here and there. So they look as if they are escaping maybe. Been sorting out my stash from Colinette visit Thursday, will take photo of it as its so colourful and keeps calling me to come and play with it.

No comments:

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...