July 19, 2007

My first:) Tour de France shawl is finished:)



I am very pleased to announce that my first Tour de France shawl is completed:) I am also almost half way through another in shades of yellow to celebrate Lammas, which is coming up.
The pictures aren't too good because we actually have had a full day of sunshine here today. Making the most of it because tomorrow is forecast for yet more rain.
I love the finished shawl even though it is white and the moggie doesn't do white. Too messy to wear white:)
I'm pleased I didn't give in and stop knitting.
BTW the contest just leave a comment if you want the giveaway yarn and I'll contact winner for their address.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job! It reminds me of the kites you've got pictured below: ready for a paragliding flight through the clouds.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Amber, that's fast... you're not using doping, aren't you? :-)

Marianne said...

Amber, the shawl, she is beautiful!
SO very glad you didn't give up the knitting...

KnitMoka said...

Lovely shawl, my dear! Glad you didn't bag it.

Brahdelt said...

It looks very lilac on my screen, not white, maybe you could dye it and wear it? *^v^* Great job!

Diane said...

Very pretty. I'm very sloppy so I don't wear white either.

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

You are fast, are you a 'sprinter' by chance! I have been watching the last half hour each morning of the Tour and knitting a Pi Shawl, but alas, I need about 100m more yarn - what to do!

Anonymous said...

oh amber :: a lovely shawl for a moon walk :: it will glow :: i am very nourished by your blog :: and your determination :: and your reminders of where we stand on the wheel of the year :: lunasa soon ! :: ~*~ eileen

Meg said...

Great shawl! Way to get back on the bike! :)

Ang said...

What a beautiful shawl. Well done on the determination. You deserve to win the Polka Dot Jersey!


Good luck with the next one

Artis-Anne said...

Oh it is a beauty Amber and I am so glad you didn't pack in the knitting

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...