July 08, 2007

Let's go fly a kite and while we are at it lets knit for the tour de france:)

















This will be picture heavy. Mr Mog took me up to the prom to watch the kite festival today. The weather was perfect, enough wind for the kites without being too much of a gale. The promenade was heaving. We arrived just after 12 when it started and left around 1.30 because hunger struck and I was feeling a little under the weather. It was an incredible experience to see all the kites aloft. Some very very large ones, tiddlers and many in between. It was hard to take photos with all the people around but Mr Mog managed. This new camera has a sport mode and that was perfect for the moving kites. I managed 4 more rows of the TDeF KAL shawl last night. More today while I watch the highlights of todays race.

4 comments:

knitabulous said...

What gorgeous colours. I like the flying lobster the best. It looks like a great place to live, lucky you.
I've popped over from the TDF knitalong to wish you all the best with the knitting.
c'est bon mon ami!

Brahdelt said...

What a colourful show! None of them in a traditional shape though. ^^

Miss Me said...

the kites are gorgeous! i love the sealife shapes.

maylin said...

Greetings from La Belle France. I had no idea about the Tour de France Knitalong until I read it on your blog. I have joined and am also a 'red pea'.

Your lovely parcel has arrived - thanks so much - the yarn is just gorgeous. I will be posting on my blog soon.

I love kite festivals having lived near Bristol for years we have seen quite a few and have some pretty big ones ourselves. However I was disappointed not to see your sheep flying their kite...

Bon Courage mon amie.

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...