June 23, 2008

Lilacs and lemons, Woolfest


I've started another pair of hospice socks,just to keep my hand in as it were:)
Yarn is Opal Regenwald Doktorfish , very pretty isn't it? Hopefully I'll finish the second one tonight because Jeni from Fyberspates has some new incredible striping sock yarn in and has sent me some . I need to try and get at least 1 sock done for Woolfest to show how it stripes. I've seen some incredible colours already from those test knitting. Imagine Noro without the harshness and the sudden colour changes/vegetable matter/knots. This is apparently the one:)
Mr Mog and I will be at Woolfest both days if anyone is coming. You will find us on the Knitting and Crochet Guild information stand which will be full of lots of wonderful knitting and crochet, issues of slip knot and membership forms to join the guild. You can have a go at finger knitting,knitting with giant needles(Mr Mog will be trying this) and ask for help on knitting and crochet. If we know it we will help or hopefully know someone who can:) There will also be some fun things to try on;)
I will be trying to learn to do socks toe up, with magic loop and with 2 circulars. The talented Wye Sue has offered to show me. Little does she know how challenged this moggie is:))
It should be great fun though meeting up with blogging friends old and new. I will have elementals to trade for yarn and gifts for those who wish to donate sock yarn to the hospice year of socks. Mr Mog is looking forward to meeting all his wellwishers.




If you like Elaines handiwork check out her ebay shop Hedgewitch*moon for more ideas.
She has lots of Tshirts and other items of a pagan nature all unique to her. I've been friends with her for more years than I care to remember and admire her creativity so much. She is a great inspiration to me.

3 comments:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I love the sock colours. Anything with Purple in it grabs my attention right away.
Good luck with your toe up socks. Mine look like flat footed clown socks at the moment but maybe when they are finished and have a foot inside they will look better!

Mad about Craft said...

Oh! how I wish I was coming, I really wanted to go but life has got in the way, never mind, I'll try to go next year!

I will be there in spirit!

Anonymous said...

now why didn't i read this before woolfest? i mean, I know I never keep up with bloglines, but really, i should have read this, and i should have had a t-shirt! if there are still any going, let me know what the cost plus postage will be? PM me on ravelry?

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...