October 04, 2009

Sunny socks and winter skies.

A weird tree we saw at Chester Zoo last time we visited. At first I thought it was elderberry until we got nearer. Chester Zoo have electric wheelchairs you can borrow which are a boon. Saves taking the push me one:)

I've started the Winter Skies elsewhere jacket. What do you think of the colours?
The above is probably the nearer to the true colour.
I finished my sunny skies socks for me. Yarn is hand dyed alpaca merino double knit.
These will keep me warm of an evening which is when I feel the cold most.
Spinning is going slowly, I can't feel the fibre at the moment so I'm not able to spin smoothly as it either gets away from me or doesn't move at all. Very frustrating when you have a body that doesn't want to co-operate.

Must just add that I've been browsing the internet and my friend Laal Bear has just updated her shop. some fabulous yarns and fibre there for autumn knitting. I'm especially keen on the Autumn Equinox and bluebell fibre (naturally), Beltaine luxury batt and the Winter Solstice yarns.
Well a girl can dream can't she:)

3 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Came to visit you from Poppie's site. Love the colors of the Winter Sky jacket.

laoi gaul~williams said...

those socks are just gorgeous :)

Sea said...

Love to see your finished work. The socks look cosy.

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...