October 23, 2009

On spinning

Thanks for all the kind comments. I know the yarn isn't perfect but it is much better than when I first started:)
BW I always predraft, a good friend who spins recommended it. It does help to stop the fibre breaking for me. I can't predict at all what the yarn will come out like especially as I ply the 2 threads as they come. Another friend has recommended that for a more predictable yarn I spin all the fibre the same way and also if you navajo ply that keeps the colours as they are on the bobbin I think.
I also found out that if you split the fibre in half before spinning that ensures you will have 2 bobbins holding more or less the same, I didn't at first:)

No comments:

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...