August 28, 2008

Socks, Moebius and shawl:)

I have a finished moebius to show you and 2 items in progress.
Details as follows:-


This is the best:) This moebius is knit in the BFL aran that Maylin dyed and sent to me for my birthday.

Aren't the colours gorgeous? I followed a Cat Bordhi pattern for a purl ridge moebius but decided my own number of rows for each ridge. I haven't blocked it as moebius aren't easy to block because of the crossover. Plus I think the weight will help it drop.
Lydia looks ok in it but here it is au natural. Maylin you must do some more yarns like this for your etsy shop. It was gorgeous to knit with and the colours are perfect. Much better than Noro as there were no knots or abrupt colour changes.
Then I thought you might like to see state of play on the socks I'm making Mr Mog. This is the undyed BFL from bluefaced.com that I dyed when I went to visit Artis anne. Bright aren't they? Perfect for Mr M.


The shawl is a mix of mohair boucle from unknown source together with Colinette silky chic in florentina. Very warm and very snuggily.

3 comments:

Artis-Anne said...

Oh love the moebius and I bet its way softer than Noro too(nice one Maylin )
Wow that sock yarn is amazing , I love the way its knitting up and the shawl looks stunning too

maylin said...

Oh that does look good. Keep nagging me I will get there with a lot of pushing.

Joy said...

Moebius is such a wonderful array of colours :-)

I love the colours in the sock yarn too.

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...