November 20, 2007

Not socks but a scarf:) and new knit group


I'm having a little change from socks. Mr Mog needs a scarf as it is so cold and he liked the look of the Noro Iro so here we have the scarf in progress. I'm doing a simple pattern, bands of garter stitch interspersed with bands of K1p1 rib. Picture is a little dark as it is dismal here today but I think you get an idea of what it looks like. Hopefully finished tonight for wearing tomorrow. There is a new knit group starting up here tomorrow afternoon and I thought I'd try and get there for an hour. Hope to go to Harrogate but realistically don't think I can go. Its 3 hours by train and £24:( Driving is around 2 hours 30 and a wee bit too far as I haven't done any for so long. I'm still frantically asking around to see if anyone local is going but don't hold out too much hope. Maybe next year otherwise.

4 comments:

maylin said...

I do hope you get to Harrogate, Amber, a little knit nurturingever goes amiss, just wish I could go too. Mr Mog sounds like he is champing at the bit which sounds good but you are right you must make him rest. Love and hugs to you both.

Herzblut said...

lovely scarf......hope you got to Harrogate and had fun...

Sarah said...

Lovely scarf - hope Mr Mog is enjoying wearing it and recovering from his op well.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

nice scarf, nice colours...hopes it keeps mr. Mog warm.

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...