November 02, 2007

Knit knit knit away:)

Well the first sock of the first pair is well on its way. I'm on the heel now. A little difficult picking up the stitches but eventually I got there:)
No other knitting because the time I have the sock calls me:)
We had a wonderful day today. We went to Lakeland wildlife oasis
It is our eldest grandson's birthday and we decided to arrange for him to adopt another animal. You can book for a day as a keeper and we thought adopting an animal would be something good to remember the day by. It was the first time Mr Mog and I had been and what a great place it is. We've adopted the red squirrels for him and for the money you pay he gets a family pass for visiting, a certificate and gift. Plus his name on the pen saying he has adopted them. Don't you think its a good gift? I know he will. It adds something to the day when they visit also.
There were some gorgeous creatures there but my favourites have to be the Fossa, so like siamese cats and very attractive animals.
Photos tomorrow hopefully of some of the things we've seen and maybe a finished sock??

2 comments:

maylin said...

That sounds like a great gift! I have never heard of Fossa but they sound cute. good luck with the socks - it can become addictive.

Rosie said...

Ah, the joy of socks. and that sounds like a seriously wonderful gift that all the family will be enjoying.

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...