November 09, 2007

My very first pair of socks:)



Ladies and gentlemen I give you my very first pair of socks:)
Thanks to the fabulous SP I have who encouraged, nay browbeat (only kidding SP) me in to socks. I've made them and they fit Mr Mog a treat as you can see. We were a little tad short on yarn so he chose the additional colour for the 2nd sock. What you ought to know is that Mr Mog is a big hippie at times, he wears bells attached to the bottom of his trousers and loves his tiedyed socks I've done him in the past. So these are ideal for him:) I'm going to try the toe up next I think then Mr Mog would quite like a pair in rainbows, doesn't want much does he?
Its hospital day on Monday so we have been out and about this week trying to ignore it. Had a great week on the whole. Went Yule shopping yesterday and got almost all the presents we wanted to get so that helps. I'm sorting out lifts for visiting at the moment ready for next week.
More later and SP, thank you so much for this new obsession:))

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the socks! They may be your first, but most certainly won't be your last!

Unknown said...

congratulations and excellent colour choice.

Just Me said...

Congratulations on your first pair of socks. And very fine they are too :)

Herzblut said...

many congratulations....love the hippie toe! Best regards to you and Mr. Mog

sending purrs
>^..^<

aniexma said...

Those colours are fantastic! I love the red toe, it's adorable.

Bryony Ramsden said...

Ha! And you thought you didn't like socks :D Those are fantastic :D

Brahdelt said...

Well done! The red yarn fits perfectly with these violets and fuchsias, beautiful!

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I especially love the red toecap on the second sock - it makes them perfect.

You must immediately cast on for your second pair. Got enough yarn? I can send some nice green witching wool... Socks are very handy when having to do things like hospitals.

yvette said...

congratulations on your first socks, they look great, I love the red toe.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first socks! And the unique toe! Won't be your last. I'm sure. It is, you know, quite addictive to knit socks. :-)

maylin said...

Hurrah! Great socks, the st ofmany I am sure. You know he wont want to wear anything ele now don't you?

Roobeedoo said...

LOVE the red toe! This could be a good way to teach myself right from left - contrasting toes! If you are seriously looking for rainbow yarn I have two skeins of self-striping Regia Nation in the rainbow colourway looking for a home...? They are doing themselves no favours lurking in my stash
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25995805@N00/874641323/?editedcomment=1#comment72157603112871841

Marianne said...

Love love love the socks! and yes, especially the red toe!
My, my, how far 'we've' come :^)

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...