November 09, 2008

SP13 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Mohair is my favourite or blue faced leicester
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Cotton,acrylic, silk on its own

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My knitpicks harmonys are in the case they came with plus I have a concertina folder from Asda for the remainder of harmony circulars.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?Since I was 5. My nanny taught me to knit and crochet. So some 50+ years ago now:) I would say I am intermediate

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No

5. What's your favorite scent? Patchouli essential oil. I am allergic to fragrance oils/perfume oils and only use essential oils . Oh and I wear karma by lush

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Green and Blacks and Lindt dark chocolate, liquorice.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I make elemental figures and crochet a little. I don't spin

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love new age music, drums, blues and rock, I can play MP3s

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?Jewel colours, especially purples deep reds,dark oranges.Really all vibrant colours. I don't particularily like pastels.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?Married, 2 children, 2 grandsons. Sadly no cats at the moment

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?yes to all except ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? shawls and socks

13. What are you knitting right now?Shawls and socks. Finishing off a year of sock knitting for the local hospice.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?I'm loving my harmony circulars so would have to say they are my preference

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?Yes to both and my husband has recently made me a floor standing swift

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Don't have any

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?Samhain is my favourite or Yule. In winter I love Yule but I celebrate each and every one. Any excuse for celebrations

19. Is there anything that you collect? apart from yarn you mean? I collect sheep and stitch markers

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I love trying new yarn dyers, I love wollmeise(don't we all?) someday I'd love to try Sundara and Mama Blue just to see what the attraction is. Can't think of any books or patterns I need except the dragon pattern from Moorhouse farms I think? . I don't have any magazine subscriptions,I'd love to try knitpicks harmony crochet hooks.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Can't think of any

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?Oh yes I think you would say I am a sock knitter now:)) My foot size is UK 6, 39 and I am wide fitting on the leg

23. When is your birthday? August 21

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?Yes I am, ambermoggie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,
I'm your new Secret Pal! I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog and spoiling you like crazy! Your SP13questionnaire is very helpful and I've been inspired by it already.

Your SP13!

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...