January 08, 2006

SP7 questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I love most yarns so don't think I'm a snob at all.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I love to crochet although I'm not very experienced at it. I can make throws/afghans and curly whirlys.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Anything I can. At the moment I've a zip bag
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Been knitting since I was 5 so over 45 years but only recently come back to it. I'd say late begiiner to intermediate.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not yet
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love frankincense, patchouli I'm just an old hippy at heart.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Love proper dark chocolate. Green and Blacks etc.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I make elemental figures, some cards, and do mixed media embroidery although not as much now I'm back knitting.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Love Katie Melua, Carolyn Hillier, Enya, Blues and can play MP3s
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Love all colours especially purples, midnight blues and rainbows. Don't much like beige and neutrals except cream.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, 2 grown up children and 2 lovely grandsons. 2 cats Herne and Loki both black.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?Yes to scarves and hats, would wear poncho just haven't found right pattern. Love cloaks.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?Colinette and Noro but would love most. Have to say I've gone off eyelash yarns lately
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? probably scratcy and acrylic nylons the ones that give you static.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Shawls, throws.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?as above.
17. What are you knitting right now?Triangle shawl in fine yarn and a sampler quilt in cream using all different patterns I want to try.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes I do and to give.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Don't know have only straight and 1 circular which I haven't got the hang of yet.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Only have metal and plastic at the moment really fancy trying wood .
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No I don't
22. How did you learn to knit?My gran taught me and to crochet.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? haven't got any yet.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Garfield and favourite animal cat of course. After all moggie is another word for cat.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Yule
26. Is there anything that you collect? hand made dolls, yarn, witches.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?Any noro yarns,hand dyed yarns, Wrap Style, books of knitting crochet stitches or blocks, otherwise pretty much anything although I'm not keen on fair isle knitting. I used to do such a lot of it I became soured.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Circular knitting
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Not made any for over 30 years. Foot measurement British size 5
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 21st August
Phew hope that covers everything and I'm really looking forward to my first time in SP7

No comments:

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...