February 03, 2007

Secret pal 10 questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Love pure wool especially mohair, don't particularily like cotton, chenille or acrylic, favourite is Colinette mohair or Mountain Colors mohair. Also lornas laces socks that rock, unusualy handpainted/dyed yarns

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?Needlebag and a case
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Intermediate, have been knitting since I was 4 so over 50 years:)). My gran taught me

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No

5. What's your favorite scent? Patchouli and frankincense

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes and I adore bitter chocolate especially Green and Blacks, Montezuma and Lindt

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I make elemental figures and crochet. Would love to learn to spin

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love New age music, drumming, Carolyn Hillier, Enya, JJ Cale, Blues Traveler and I can play MP3s

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I adore jewel colours espcially purples, ambers(naturally) reds blues greens. I am not a pastel person

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, 2 grown up children, 2 grandsons, no pets now sadly

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? love scarves, shawls, hats

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? shawls and throws, hats and bags.

13. What are you knitting right now? a shawl for my hospice lunar KAL and a noro throw

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? straight but am determined to persevere with circular. Don't mind type

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Sadly no

17. How old is your oldest UFO? don't have any:)

18. What is your favorite holiday? Samhain and Beltaine

19. Is there anything that you collect? just yarn

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I'd love to get my hands on Mountain Colors mohair, or other handpainted mohairs or hand painted/handspun yarns. Any shawl patterns uncharted or with written instructions as well. I subscribe to Knit today

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? can't think of any at the moment

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? No, no no. I tried, I failed miserably:) My foot size is 37

23. When is your birthday? August

No comments:

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...