June 14, 2009

The reason for the orange fingers

As the yarn is all dyed, rinsed and dried I thought you might like to see the finished colours. I am so thrilled with how it has dyed
I wanted vibrant fire colours for a fire shawl and I think I've succeeded


The yarn was given to me by a fellow raveller fibreclaireUK and it has a glittery thread throughout it.

The colours I used were Crimson, scarlet, orange red, brilliant orange, buttercup yellow and aztec gold.
All procion dyes and all splashed on liberally with no plan in mind. I did 2 x 25gm skeins at once so I had a rough idea that 2 would be same each time.
Steamed for 40 minutes, left too cool then rinsed.

Can't wait to start knitting this up:))

1 comment:

Aknita said...

Someone pass the sunglasses quick ;-)

Those colours are so YOU Amber, I'm looking forwad to seeing what you knit with them.

Hope to see you at Woolfest btw.