May 27, 2009

Journeys and inspiration/imagination

Doing a spot of tidying I came upon an old journal of mine and found a few lines on the subject of journeys.
Journeys through the mind like a motorway drive to hell.
Places you don't want to visit but you have to go through to get to your destination.
You can't go past there is too much traffic so you are forced to see what is there. But when you get to the other side it is worth it.
As a part of becoming more aware you have to examine things you have gone through and your feelings for them. Not always an easy task if you have as much cr&p in your life as I've had. Getting through it makes you stronger and also makes you realise that if it wasn't for the self same cr&p you wouldn't be the person you are today.Trying to live in the now for me means knowing who is the person actually doing that? What made me get to here and how did I do so?

One of my favourite quotes from Anne Morrow Lindbergh is
Only when one is connected to one's inner core is one connected to others. And, for me, the core, the inner spring can best be re-found through solitude.

This leads nicely on to another piece I wrote some time ago.



Imagination knows no bounds, it arrives how it pleases. Sometimes inspiration visits a little at a time. It doesn't want to overwhelm you see?
Other times it turns its attention full on to you and boy get ready to work.
It is all inside your head waiting to come out.
Have your pen and paper at the ready. Have your needle threaded or your yarn cast on.
Here it comes now, use it.
Imagination, inspiration they are both the same and come from the same source.
The muse, the indescribable, unforgettable core of you.
The part that taps into the creative soup of time.
The part that has to work, no matter what ,on the idea inside.
When you touch that core you know it, you feel it.
You taste it.
You are it.
.


All artwork by me:)

2 comments:

Antoinette said...

Gorgeous artwork there Ambermoggie!

And I agree with your wise words regarding both crap and solitude - heheh. So true...

Blue Witch said...

I'd go further and say there is another level - when you appreciate the crap as the best learning experience ever (which I think is what you're hinting at anyway).

That heart is gorgeous.

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...