December 31, 2005

New Year wishes


I made myself come up to the 'puter to post to avoid feeling sorry for myself. The fall really shook me up and I had a dreadful night. Everywhere I turned it hurt. Even sitting here is uncomfortable but I wanted to reflect on the old year before the new one arrives. I didn't do all I wanted this year but some gor done. I made dolls for various people including Lord Bath. I started my fabric icons to represent the wheel of the year. I've done the sun for Yule and am currently working on a triple moon for the full moon circles. Next festival is Imbolc and I thought I'd do something with snowdrops and candles to celebrate the start of Spring. Resolutions for next year:-
to try and get work published in the magazines I subscribe to, both papercrafts and fabric/knitting work.
To learn how to quilt.
To refresh my french.
To get free from debt so I don't dread each month getting worse.
To visit my family more, they are all getting older, some are quite ill and time goes too fast. They are people I love and I don't want it to be too late.
To be more tolerant of my pain and not let it wind me up as much as it does.
To blitz my craft room and get rid of all the stuff I don't now use like the rubberstamping stuff.
This theoretically will give me a space where I am inspired and where I will create more.
To babysit more for my grandsons, they are growing so fast and I love being with them. Plus it gives my daughter chance to have some space.
Think that will do for now. I am going to try and finish a card for a friends birthday tomorrow . Have uploaded pics of 2 pins I made
Happy New Year

1 comment:

acrylik said...

Beautiful pins!

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...