November 16, 2016

Thank you

Thank you so much everyone. Mr Mogs cremation was yesterday and it was surrounded by much love and some laughter. So many of our  family and family of choice were there it really helped me get through a very sad day.
He was covered in a blanket of autumn shades, made by many friends across the world. Each square different and each one made with love. It had bells of course and I am writing this cocooned in the warmth and magic of this special blanket now.
We had 3 pieces of Mr Mogs favourite music ending with Status Quo - rocking all over the world. Making everyone smile as we left the crematorium. He wanted a simple ceremony and he got it. Just one eulogy from a friend of ours, spoken from the heart and a mix of tears and laughter when she reminded us of Mr Mogs awful cups of weak tea;) we had a simple hot buffet while sharing our memories of a very special person.
Today I feel empty and bereft. The man I love has left me and although I know he is still here surrounding me with his love I just can't see or touch him.
We celebrate his life on 10th December and friends are most welcome to be with us.

3 comments:

Blue Witch said...

"Whatever's written in your heart, that's all that matters..."

- Gerry Rafferty

Freyalyn said...

I'm so sorry for your enormous loss, and will be for as long as you grieve, but what a good way to do this. Mark and I are looking forward to the celebration of a life well lived on the tenth.

Antoinette said...

Lovely Amber, I'm just catching up on all this now.

And I am so very, very sorry for your loss, my dear.

The ceremony for Mr Mog sounded beautiful, and love-filled.

My heart and my thoughts are with you. Love, hugs, and the warmth of many blessings to you at this time. xxx

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...