October 22, 2014

Small pleasures

It's been quite dark here most days and very wet. This does not help the creative juices to flow. Add in the virus that is going around and one feels even less incentive to go and play in the craft room. But ,bad nights and antibiotics not withstanding,  today I made the effort and I am glad I did.
Firstly I must show you the gift my friend has just dropped off when she returned some Charles de Lint books she had borrowed. It's plum leather rolls and my goodness what an intense flavour this produces. A tiny strip melting in the mouth is packed with plum flavour. 

 I had given my friend quite a lot of plums some weeks ago when we had several spare bags full. So glad I did now:)

It has been a long while since I made elementals, too long. I really enjoyed making the felted sprites the other day and it made me realise how much pleasure I get from seeing these fey creatures emerge.
So here we go a new water elemental , her name apparently is Violetta . She isn't quite finished she awaits her finishing touches. But I like her she has character.

Her sister arrived soon after. Her name I have yet to find out. She likes to dance this much I know.
And a picture of the two together.


Then last night a friend sent me a link to altered playing cards and it made me think of using them as individual canvasses that could then be fastened into my journals. I made a start on preparing them this afternoon following the tutorial  here Cards. A messy job but fun.


2 comments:

Yvonne said...

It's so good to see you making your elementals again - I treasure the one you made me so many years ago!

Antoinette said...

I do so love your elementals! The're just lovely. I too am glad you made the effort, and I hope you're on the mend. xx

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...