October 12, 2013

An out



We had an out today to a new event -  Kendal wool gathering. Held in the K shopping village in Kendal(gateway to the lakes)
Free event, free parking and very good for a first event. 
I didn't need anything but saw this yarn and loved it.  It was a new to me dyer Yarn garden
The website is under construction but well worth a visit. This is called Tree Lupin and comprises 70% BFL, 20% silk and 10% cashmere. 100gms 400 metres.
Not a colour I'd have thought of buying or dyeing but I loved it.

 Found this book and at £5 thought it worth buying to  loan to beginners.

there were alpacas, gorgeous creatures and very interested in all the visitors:)
Who were also very interested in the alpacas;)


I had to remind Mr Mog that alpacas were too large for our back garden despite their appeal:)
We were then taken to a rather splendid eatery by the friend we were with and this is my  part eaten lunch before I tackled the rest. Cumin crusted lamb flatbread with salads. Very delicious

 They even had a special teapot for Mr Mog with a black cat on the cosy:)
 A thoroughly good day out with good friends. what more could you ask?







1 comment:

Blue Witch said...

Sounds like a splendid day out. You do have lots of lovely woolly events up there.

I do like that Jennifer Claydon book. I often look at it.

In case Mr Mog manages to persuade you that you could fit in an alpaca... they do have to be kept in threes...