September 13, 2006

Looking for unusual/fine yarns for a chakra piece and mabon recipe

I've just finished a short Children of Lir shawl using Jo from Celtic memory's fabulous yarn. This was magical to knit up and really seemed to involve me in the knitting more if you know what I mean? A very spiritual piece. Pics in the morning when its tidied up and ready to meet visitors.
With this in mind I have a fancy to knit something based on the chakra colours. I am looking for unusual and gorgeous(must be gorgeous:)) yarns in the chakra colours.
Reds for base chakra
oranges for sexual chakra
yellows for solar chakra
greens for heart chakra
blue for throat chakra
violet for third eye chakra
and white/silver for crown chakra.
Ideally different shades of the colours. So anyone wanting to trade or sell any I'd be interested alternatively places to get any you think may work with this project.
In trade I can offer Noro kureyon, hand dyed sock yarns, loads of Stewart Gill fabric paints and finishes, pearlescent acrylic inks, hand made elementals the element of your choice.
I am so fired up after doing the Children of Lir piece, the ideas are flowing. Elemental piece after that and then? who knows?
We , Mr Mog and I, collected over 5lb of brambles this afternoon in around 40 minutes, I've made more orgasmic mabon stuff.
Recipe did I hear you say?
Well you take as many brambles or blackberries as you can get. Put them in a jam pan with no water, leave stirring occasionally til the juices flow. As you stir imagine the delights you are going to make with the finished nectar. When they look as though they have released all the juices they have, say thank you and strain through a seive. No need to leave them to strain, encourage them with the wooden spoon so they relinquish all their liquid, it doesn't have to be crystal clear for this recipe.
To the resultant liquid add enough sugar and the secret ingredient #1(secret no more GG) to taste and or to preserve, this can be up to the weight of the liquid. Secret ingredient #1? this would be cardamon syrup, available from Asian stores. I added for 5 lb approx 1/8th pint. I would say my measurements are always approx, I just add and keep tasting til it tastes right. Cook on low heat til sugar/syrup mix has dissolved. Then magic ingredient #2 add enough rose water to taste. You will know when its enough when your toes curl and you start saying Yes, Yes Yes:))
enjoy

No comments:

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...