November 20, 2005

new fabric atcs made


Been making some ATCs (artist trading cards) for a swap I'm in and decided to try and make cards for each of the 5 elements in fabric using my hand dyed felt. I got totally inspired and I've made around 18 up to now. None for air yet but they will maybe come tomorrow. I'm uploading the water ones for now but the light has gone so will post rest tomorrow. I like the mix of scraps and machine stitching its so freeform. Just chuck it on and see what happens:) The ones for the swap are winter. I've gone with pale grey/whites and added some silk top I dyed with purples. I covered those with a piece of old curtaining in cream. Titled them winter moon seeing as the moon is so gorgeous this month. I'm listening to Carolyn Hillier Cave of Elders and Eartha Kitt. 2 brilliant musical artists.

No comments:

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...