January 08, 2005

first art of the year

I made my first art of the year today. Postcards for the monthly postcard exchange I am in. I find that having to make 5 postcards a month helps bring me to the craft room and sets the creative wheels in motion. Well thats what it is supposed to do :)
I'm currently listening to Bronwen David and her wonderful album Moonstruck. Its howling a gale outside, we have major structural damage in the village but we were lucky and just lost 2 fence panels plus several panes of glass from the greenhouse.
Until I figure out how to add pictures to my blog they can be viewed at my picturetrail
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=ambermoggie

I want to make a series of Zaftig dolls (Zaftig - big buxom women) I envisage them as friendly, joyous females full of the joy of living.
A positive icon to help during the blues of winter

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...